FSI provides two core services to investment fund Managers: Fund Valuation and Unitholder Recordkeeping. FSI is able to perform one, the other, or both of these services for any given fund.
Sometimes also referred to as "Fund Accounting", involves FSI determining the NAVPU (Net Asset Value Per Unit) of a funds' portfolio of assets.
Services that typically go along with Fund Valuation include:
- Calculation of Management Fees & Performance Fees
- Preparation of Year-End Files Required by the Funds’ Auditors
- Preparation of Annual Draft Audited & Semi-Annual Unaudited Financial Statements
- Calculation of Distribution Factors
- Preparation of the Funds’ Tax Returns
- Assistance with Product Structuring
Sometimes also referred to as "Transfer Agency," involves FSI administering accounts, processing transactions, and providing investor reporting for the Manager.
Services that typically go along with Unitholder Recordkeeping include:
- Providing a Unitholder Recordkeeping System for Investor Accounts
- Investor Transaction Processing
- Commission & Trailer Fee Processing
- Providing Payment Advice Regarding Trust Bank Accounts
- Providing Dealer Services & Product Approval Assistance
- Creating Investor Reporting Including Statements of Account & Tax Receipts
- Print & Mail Services